... a real shuggish start, but Gee got hot late in the 1st half and Hendrix took over in the 2nd half to defeat LSU 71-61.
Led by Hendrix's 18 points, Gee's 4-7 from beyond the arc, and a Davidson double-double (12/12) Alabama overcame a monster game by Glen Davis (24/17) to easily put away LSU. We were down early (13-6), but a 19-6 run (from memory... might be off by a few points) put the Crimson Tide up for good. The refs allowed physical play inside which was to our advantage.
- held LSU to 36% FG and 18% beyond the arc.
- forced LSU's guards to beat us and they couldn't.
- shot 47% FG and 56% beyond the arc.
- rebounding and 2nd chance points. This is probably why LSU wasn't blown out of the building. Outrebounded 40-35, but 16 were offensive boards for LSU.
- a generally sloppy game (16 turnovers). Got to take care of the ball better.
- minute distribution... I guess CMG has settled on a 7 man rotation. This will continue to bother me.
Overall, this was a good way to rebound after a nightmare game in Fayetteville. Arkansas lost to the Gators in Gainesville last night so we're now we only trail Auburn in the SEC West. That'll last another day.