... unlike us, they come in with confidence after beating down UConn on Saturday.
Bengal Tigers stats pack
I think most of you know that LSU played a pretty brutal non conference schedule (at Washington and Texas, at home to UConn and Texas A&M... all probably seeded higher than 7 in the NCAA tournament). The loss at home to Wichita State wasn't looking so bad until recently... as the Shockers have dropped 4 of their last 5. Regardless, LSU is a very talented and road tested squad.
- 8 players get 16MPG or more
- 47% FG, 37% 3pt FG, 72% from the line and a +7 rebound margin
- 13 turnovers a game. Not great, not terrible.
- Glen Davis (I refuse to use his nickname) was in a car wreck. He's a bit sore, but alright. Maybe Hendrix can exploit that soreness by bodying up on him.
- Terry Martin is a transfer from Texas Tech. I guess he didn't like playing for Bobby Knight. He's a tall guard that could give us trouble.
- Mitchell and Temple are the other guys to watch besides Davis. Read... let Tack Minor shoot 'til his arms are sore :)
I have a feeling CMG ripped the team a new one behind closed doors and we'll come out strong. If Davis is still sore and we contain Mitchell I believe we win by 15. I think we force the guards to beat us and they won't... Alabama by 15 led by Riley and Hendrix.
Gametime is 9PM EST (8PM CST) on ESPN2 on January 9th.