1) Michigan State had a big week... beating Wisconsin and Indiana to lock up a tournament slot. BTW- On College Gameday, Tom Izzo sank 10 free throws in a row. Find me a college player that can do that!
2) My childhood favorite team got stomped vs Duke. The most disturbing part of the game was hearing the cheers for Duke at MSG. I remember as a kid going to the Garden to see St John's vs Georgetown (with Ewing). It was an electric atmosphere. Basketball has fallen off the radar for the Red men (I still can't accept the name change to the Red Storm).
3) Speaking of Georgetown... to quote the greatessst possster on tiderinsider, "They're on FIre!" The Hoyas beat Pittsburgh to take over the top spot in the Big East. Remember they were the only team in the tourney last year to challenge Florida. Me thinks they're an Elite 8 squad (and possibly more).
4) North Carolina continues to lose games they shouldn't... this time to a mediocre Maryland squad. AS of now they're a 2 seed, but I wouldn't be shocked if they fall another slot to 3.
5) The SEC West sucks... top to bottom.
6) Oklahoma State is free falling like us... and a possible opponent in the Not Invited Tournament. Texas Tech is hanging around, but will probably sweat Selection Sunday (I think they're a 11 seed).
7) I don't care what the RPI says, the PAC-10 is the best conference in the country.
8) Louisville and Syracuse are making late runs to the tourney. Louisville is in for sure while the Orange(men) could use one more big win (against Georgetown would clinch it).
9) The NIT is going to have a bunch of name teams this season. LSU, Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, probably Alabama, Washington, maybe Arizona... what a wacky season this has turned out to be.
10) Finally... from the failed former NBA coaches log: Tim Floyd and Lon Krueger are doing masterful jobs at their schools (USC and UNLV). I know we'll never see the Tark Rebels, but it would be nice to see them make it back to some prominence (sp?).