Thursday, March 08, 2007

Pathetic loss to end pathetic season... Cats stomp Tide 79-67

NIT not included in season.
Yahoo box score

My seats were in the Kentucky section and I have to admit I was impressed at the showing of fan support. I've known for years they travel well, but considering their underachieving year the place was fairly crowded for a Thursday game. Usually, the Thursday games are half full at best.

On to the game. We played well for the first 10 minutes of the game and then reality set in and we were down by 8 at the half. We cut the lead to 3 and 5, but then Kentucky got hot and pushed it back to double digits. At the 10 minute mark of the 2nd half I knew it was over.

The good:
- Riley had a solid game from beyond the arc.
- Gee played as well as I've seen him play since the Paradise Jam.
- Hendrix... again a monster inside. Kentucky had no answer for him.
- Got to the FT line a bunch.

The bad:
- Point guard play (mor directed at Hollinger) was AUful. No production offensively and didn't do a good job setting up the offense.
- I expected more out of Davidson today. While 12 and 7 is ok, he should be putting up more.
- 50% shooting and 40% from 3 for the Wildcats.

Next up... the Not Invited Tournament where we'll probably be matched up with South Alabama. Get your tickets now before they sell out. Hopefully the NIT decides that this team should be on the road.

2 comments:

Hville said...

How civil were the UK fans around you? They are typically decent folk.

bamahoops said...

Very civil... they felt my pain. Probably the best group of opposing fans I've been around (with UCLA coming in a close 2nd).