Wednesday, January 16, 2008

UGA stats pack


To be totally honest I know nothing about them. Here's their season stats to date.

The stats:
- 44% FG
- 33% 3PT FG
- 67.6% FT
- Rebound margin of +5.6
- 16 turnovers per game

Check that, I know about Sundiata Gaines and Bily Humphrey as they are the top 2 scorers on the team. Everyone else was suspended or kicked off the team. I kid about that... sort of.

I was trying to find a UGA blog that somewhat covered their basketball team, but failed. I'll try better next time. Chances are UGA fans care even less about basketball than the state of Alabama. Check that, Ga Tech is the basketball school and UGA is the football one.

Prediction: I'd like to say this a game we win (we could), but somehow UGA muscles out a win in front of 2,200 fans at Stegman. It would've been 4,000, but there's snow (flurries) on the ground and that means people around here panic on the road. You know what... I changed my mind. We won in front of 487 fans in Las Vegas so we can win in front of 2200 diehards in Athens. Bama by 4.

Tipoff is 7:30 PM EST (6:30 CST). The game is not on TV so if you're not there in Athens it's the old radio for you. For those out of state fans (like me) either pay yahoo.com for the broadcast or find an Alabama station that streams over the net. When you find the latter I suggest you bookmark it for future use.

BTW- if there's a UGA blog that covers basketball, post the link in comments and I'll add it to the SEC links.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

georgiasports.blogspot.com and by the way Georgia fans do care about basketball more than Bama and Auburn fans. The rest of the conference cares about it more than us though.