Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bama comes up short against Cocks....

... 67-65. We had the lead with under 35 seconds to play. Downey made a 3 and got fouled with under 15 to play. I'm trying to figure out why we didn't call a timeout to set the offense, but I guess that would make too much sense.

The good:
- Riley was awesome. Without him we wouldn't have been in the game.
- Hendrix (when they got him the ball) was dominating inside.
- Torrance played well at the point... minus 2 bad entry passes. 6 assists and 3 turnovers... that's what you want from your PG.
- Defense shut down South Carolina.
- 58% FG.

The bad:
- Transition defense continues to plague us.
- Turnovers... don't have a count (yet) but I'm sure it was close to 20.

Let me harp on something... why in the hell was a timeout not called after Downey made the FT or at the very least called when Torrance crossed midcourt? I put this one on the coaching staff... maybe we wouldn't have scored, but we would've had a better shot than what happenned.

We're now 3-8 in the conference. We have to win out just to sniff the NIT. Disgusting.

Side note- I like Eddie Fogler as a color analysis. He brings a lot to the broadcast. He's certainly as good as most of the "talent" that ESPN trots out.

3 comments:

Alias said...

I wonder if DJC drove up to the game. I have not spoken with him this week and did not get to visit with him and his father Wednesday night. Thank you for caring enough to post something -- anything. I can't bring myself to watch more than a few minutes of our games on television. Like I said last week, it's just too painful to watch. I will drive up for the Vandy game and will stay until the final buzzer, but I don't expect it to be very pretty.

bobbyjack said...

I think he did go. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Maybe I like pain... and that's why I watch... eheh.

WL said...

the fact Riley had the absolute game of his life and we still lost to a terrible SC team just says it all.

the issues with CMG are a long list and they are both macro and micro in nature. it is sad.