Wednesday, February 06, 2008

MIssissippi State stats pack 2

(How would you like that look in your bedroom?)

For you and you and you and you. Stats pack. Here's a link to the 1st stats pack post.

Here's more reading material... the press release from the evil Bulldogs website. What the heck... one more link... this one from a Bulldogs blog that wonders if MSU makes the NCAA tournament.

After winning 9 in a row Mississippi State has dropped their last 2 to the Hogs in Fayetteville and at home to Tennessee. I imagine they're a pissed off bunch which does not bode well for us. The good news... maybe... is Ben Hansbrough has mono, didn't play last week, and probably won't play this week either nevermind as Ben is playing tonight. The bad news is Barry Stewart found his stroke against Tennessee and Gordon will put up points.

Stats:
- 46.5% FG
- 34% 3PT FG
- 60.5% FT
- +5.1 rebound margin
- average 72.6 PPG and allow 62.8 (SEC Best)
- 8.7 Blocks
- 6.6 Steals
- 15.8 turnovers per game

Prediction- State by a dozen. I saw some good things in the LSU game, but in the end we only beat them by 9. We have to be a heck of a lot better to stay in the game and given our road woes I can't see it happenning.

Tipoff is 8PM EST (7 CST) and is not on TV. Find a radio station or listen online via yahoo.com (pay) or somewhere else that streams live (free).

This is what I'm going to do. UConn and Syracuse play at 7PM EST on ESPN. I'll watch the 1st half of that (in HD), then find our game on the net, mute the TV, and listen to our game. At 9PM EST Duke-UNC play with Dukie V making his triumphant return to the broadcast booth. I will continue to mute the TV until our game is over. That way I can watch some really good hoops tonight and pray hope that we pull the upset in Starkville. I will also preserve my sanity by not hearing Dukie V spout his "catch phrases" like DIAPER DANDY, AWESOME WITH A CAPITAL A, etc.

3 comments:

DJC said...

Well, we still can't make a damned free throw, and we lost to those inbred redneck bastards again. 2-6 as the season continues to spiral down the crapper.

bobbyjack said...

5 of the final 8 on the road... do you think we win one on the road? If the answer is no then more than likely we go 1-7 the second half and end up 3-13. If that happens I suspect the hat will be passed around.

Of the 3 remaining home games the most "winnable" is Ole Miss. I can't see us beating Arkansas or Vandy. As for the road games, Auburn and LSU are our best bets. I think if we're lucky we'll split those.

DJC said...

5-11 is my guess. I think we beat LSU on the road and take 2 out of 3 of our home games.