Wednesday, March 19, 2008

NCAA Final Four prediction

East
I like Tennessee to come out of the East. The easy pick would be UNC, but IMO Tennessee has the athletes to match up with the Tar Heels and I believe they'll press their way to the Final Four. Enjoy him while you can Tennessee as Indiana is about to call.

Midwest
Until Bill Self actually gets Kansas to the Final Four I can't pick them to make it so I'm going with Georgetown. Great guard play and Hibbert in the middle should have them beating Kansas in the Elite 8. I look for Patrick Ewing Jr to have an exceptional tournament.

South
I like Pitt to make it out of the region here. Memphis' FT shooting is going to bite them in the ass and I think it kills them in the Sweet Sixteen. Pitt's been on a roll lately and I think it continues into April.

West
UCLA has the easiest road to the Final Four. Their toughest challenge is probably UConn in the Sweet Sixteen. Duke and Xavier are overrated... I don't have either of them making it to the Sweet Sixteen. That would be 3 straight Final Fours for UCLA if I'm right.

Sleeper teams:
- West Virginia: I can see them beating Arizona and Duke enroute to the Sweet Sixteen.
- Kentucky: Despite the loss of Patterson they have a decent road to the 2nd week.
- Villanova: There's usually a 12 seed playing in the Sweet Sixteen. I figure it's them.
- Butler: Normally a team with only 3 losses is not a sleeper, but they're a 7 seed somehow. If I remember correctly they beat Tennessee last season in the preseason NIT. If they can get by USA the Vols better come to play.

1 comment:

cutepig said...

In my people mind, the knight noah is very expensive, but now I want to say that in here you can buy the cheap knight noah, it is really, from now on, you can come here to buy knight noah, it only spend a little money then can buy much knight gold.