1) ESPN's top 25 college basketball players of all-time- How they don't have Christian Laettner in their top 5 is mind-boggling. IMO he's ahead of Maravich, West, Bradley, Thomspon, Bird, Wilt, and Lucas. To be honest I wasn't alive or was too young when most of those listed played, but none of them can match up to Laettner's career and post season moments. Laettner led Duke to 4 straight Final Fours. The year after he graduated Duke lost to Jason Kidd and Cal in the 2nd round.
2) Syracuse is on the verge of missing the NCAA tournament for a 2nd straight year. The program has gotten worse each year since their 2003 championship. Expansion of the Big East has hurt Jim Boeheim.
3) Barring an ACC Tournament Championship, Maryland is about to be left out of the NCAAs 3 of the last 4 years.
4) Arizona might not make the NCAAs... that would snap a streak of 23 straight trips.
5) Has the Player of the Year ever been on a team that didn't qualify for the NCAAs in the modern era? Michael Beasley might be the first as Kansas State is shaky. FWIW I think Tyler Hansbrough of UNC wins it.
6) Florida's streak of being a 5 seed or higher in the NCAA tournament ends this year at 5 years. Impressive. Over that same timespan Duke has been a #1 three times making it to the Final Four once in that span.