Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Buy compact fluorescent bulbs and save Alabama basketball

By replacing all of your regular energy hogging bulbs with CFBs you could save 30% on your utility bill. I went through the task of replacing all of my bulbs with CFBs and now see the savings. I was a skeptic at first, but now I see the (CFB) light.

I know LED lighting is the wave of the future and will quickly replace CFBs, but for now CFBs are the way to go.

So what does this have to do with saving Alabama basketball from falling to obscurity? You see there's a $3 million contract that needs to be paid off before we can look for another coach. If all the 783 Alabama basketball fans switch to CFBs and use the money saved towards buying out the contract we could pay off roughly 1/2 of the contract assuming the average savings is $600 a year per person. The remaining 500K per year is much more manageable. We could hit Saban up for it... what's 500K to a guy making $4 million per... right?

2 comments:

Hville said...

I'm doing my part.... :)

Hville said...

I'm doing my part.... :)