Most of you know about them, but just in case...
- Ben Hansbrough is transferring from Mississippi State. Apparently he was unhappy his entire time there and the last nail in the coffin was not being able to access the Hump to practice. All signs point to him playing for Mike Anderson at Missouri.
- Anthony Randolph is leaving LSU for the NBA. He doesn't plan on coming back.. and who could blame him as he's projected to be a top 10 pick. I thought going into next season LSU was the SEC West favorite, but not no more with AR going pro.
- Sticking with LSU, they hired Stanford coach Trent Johnson. This is a surprise hire as it looked like they had their minds set on Travis Ford or Tony Bennett. It's a good hire for the program. If Mike Montgomery would've known this he probably wouldn't have taken the job at Cal.
- Mykal Riley is playing in the Portsmouth Invitational. Heck, I didn't know they still had showcase tournaments for seniors. I attended one in 1991 in Orlando. I think it was called the Red Lobster Classic. Melvin Cheatum played in that if memory serves me right. Anyways, 10 other SEC seniors are participating in this.
- Marreese Speights (UF) has also declared for the NBA draft, but has not hired an agent. The reviews on him should bring him back to Gainesville next year.
- Marquette release Nick Williams from his national letter of intent. What's that got to do with the SEC? Well, he could make his way to Alabama since his release is unconditional.