Sunday, April 20, 2008

The week in review CBB news

- Travis Ford leaves UMass for Oklahoma State. He got himself a nice $9.1 million deal. IMO OSU is going to regret this 7 year deal. What has Ford done to deserve this sort of contract? Oooh... he took his team to the NIT finals. Wow.

- UCLA's Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, and Luc Richard Mbah declare for the NBA draft. That pretty much makes Arizona the preseason favorite in the PAC-10.

- Memphis loses Chris Douglas Roberts and Derrick Rose. Again, no surprises there.

- Finally Philip Pearson didn't get the Jax State gig. He lost out to a former Hobbs' assistant. What this means is CMG's staff remain intact. Make of it what you will.

As more and more underclassmen declare for the draft the likelihood of Steele and Hendrix coming back becomes a reality. Here's the latest nbadraft.net 2008 Mock Draft.

This is the slow season for hoops so I'll be throwing some baseball stuff on here. Lucky for me I have a business trip to NYC so I get one last chance to visit Yankee Stadium before they tear it down. Heck I might even visit that dump in Flushing where the Mets play. I can't complain.

3 comments:

DJC said...

I'm glad I got to see Yankee Stadium before they tear it down. I've been to quite a few parks, and Yankee Stadium is definitely my second favorite (Admittedly, I'm biased toward Wrigley Field). I hate to see it go.

bobbyjack said...

I've yet to visit Wrigley. I figure at some point I'll be in Chi-town this year so I'll "X" that off my list.

Yankees tickets are through the roof. The seats I sat in 6 years ago are now double the cost. Some of the seats in the stadium are more than what I paid for WS tickets in 98.

Hville said...

I was able to go to Tiger Stadium before they moved to Comerica. It was very unique...

Speaking of the Mets, their new Stadium (Citi Park?) should be a huge improvement over Shea. More of an Ebbets Field/Wrigley facade facing the streets. I think it will be closer to the subway line as well...