Wednesday, June 18, 2008

UA reportedly snags former DePaul hoops commit

I pass this along to you as truth be told I don't care about recruiting.

Cully Payne, a point guard from Schaumburg, Ill., has verbally committed to Alabama's 2009 signing class, per an online report today by the Chicago Sun-Times News Group.

Payne withdrew a longtime commitment to DePaul about two weeks ago, saying he and DePaul head coach Jerry Wainwright "mutually agreed" to part ways, according to a statement Payne issued at the time.


Read the rest here.

I googled Cully out of curiousity and low and behold... he's a white guy. I thought that was against school policy to bring in a white guy for hoops (g).

2 comments:

finebammer said...

funny. i was reading about him on the al.com b'ball forum and i was thinking "white guy" while reading his description. he sounds like a 2 guard project.

bobbyjack said...

I agree with him being a project. Maybe he can be the next Travis Stinnett.