Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tide Pride tickets available and Charity Fundraising

Okay, a couple of things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other, but combined in one post for the sake of brevity.

1. I am selling my Tide Pride basketball tickets this year. I'm still going to every game, but I bought some tickets behind the bench from somebody else, so I am letting mine go at cost to a Bama fan. I've got 2 seats in Sec. B row 21, behind the visiting team's bench. The tickets are $446 plus my Tide Pride donation of $50 per seat, for a total of $546. If you are interested, please email me at jcarruth@bham.rr.com.

2. I am currently in the rather painful process of getting my fat ass in shape to run a 5k in the Komen Race for the Cure on October 11th in Birmingham. The reason I am doing so, is to help raise money for breast cancer research. One in 8 women will be effected by breast cancer, so this is obviously a very important cause. I would like to ask everyone to please go to the link below and make a donation. No amount is too small, and every bit helps, so please give whatever you can afford. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Click here to help find a cure!

2 comments:

bobbyjack said...

Couch to 5K

Good luck with that... right now I doubt I could run a 1/2 mile without puking. That's kinda sad.

DJC said...

That's the program I'm on. Right now I'm on week 7. I wasn't completely hopeless, so I skipped the first couple of weeks.