Friday, October 24, 2008

One more thing I forgot to add...

The floor looks awful. We may now have the 2nd ugliest court in the country behind Texas A&M. The script A is still in the center, with Crimson Tide on the side between the 3 pt line and midcourt, which is fine. However, as you all know, they moved the 3 pt line back 6 inches this year. Problem is, the old 3 point line is still there and painted white. The new 3 point line is crimson. Instead of the lane being painted, we did what a lot of teams are doing now and painted everything inside the 3 point line except the lane. I'm not a big fan of that, but if we are going to do that, we could have at least painted it crimson. Nope, it's white. But it's a lighter white than the old 3 point line and the blocks on the lane. To further clutter things up, we put the round SEC logo in crimson just inside the free throw line. My biggest gripe is the white area inside the lane, it looks ridiculous. I didn't have my camera or I would have taken a picture to post, I'll try to remember to do so at the crimson/white game.

1 comment:

Alias said...

DJC, maybe they are trying to save up some money for their next big "purchase"?