Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Bama to play in Old Spice Classic in 2009

I owe Mitchell for this info as he was crazy enough dedicated enough to watch the finals between Tennessee and Gonzaga. I watched the last 5 minutes... sort of.

Anyways, the teams slated for next years tournament in Orlando are:

Alabama, Baylor, Creighton, Iona, Marquette, Michigan, Xavier, and an undetermined team.

Maybe we can steal Beilein from Michigan by next year. Unless Michigan buys their players they can't compete in the Little 11.

I guess I'll go to that tournament as well... it's in my old stomping grounds.

4 comments:

DJC said...

Hopefully Sean Miller will lead us to a victory over his old team.

DJC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mitchell said...

DJC: I'd love to see Sean Miller at Alabama, but he'd be crazy to leave Xavier with the good thing he has going there. Same with Mark Few at Gonzaga.

bobbyjack said...

Beilein runs circles around Miller... and I like Miller. Why he took the Michigan job when if he waited could've been in a much better position is mindboggling.

That WVU squad with Pittsnogle and Gandy was one of my favorite non-Bama/non-St John's teams in a long, long time.