Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Better Bama Basketball But

that was not the best UTC team we have seen.

I was encouraged by the improvements I saw Monday night but I'm nowhere near ready to say Bama Basketball is back. Even if everything else had been perfect the substitutions (to refer to those random events as a "pattern" would stretch the use of the word) still would make me nervous. Then again, we have seen this from CMG before. He will play all the newer kids in the preseason and stick with just seven once SEC play commences.

The improved play against the Mocs was a sign of things to come. Then again, I am an optimist and tend to be loyal to a fault. For the sake of the team and the program I sure hope they keep playing with that type of effort while correcting the same fundamental flaws CMG's teams have tended to exhibit for the past ten years. Please forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

In a somewhat related issue, I read on another Bama Basketball dedicated board that long time supporter The Flash had lost all four of his season tickets. Well, he didn't exactly lose them. He posted that his wife was cleaning out a drawer and, thinking the envelope full of tickets was trash, threw them out. I called Flash this morning to wish him merry Christmas. He confirmed that Mrs. Flash had indeed discarded all his tickets and he had not even noticed it for a month because he had not tried to attend a single game. I think I've talked him into attending the Georgia Tech game with me. I suppose there will be eight hours of football on that day. I've never seen Tech play live. I'll try to suffer through to the end of the game before driving 4 hours home to post my report.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 comment:

cutepig said...

I was very like to play the Rohan online game, in my mind I can gave up all things but I can not gave up the rohan crone, it gave me the courage and the confidence, in the game I was very like to earn the rohan gold, but I also need to buy rohan crone, but the same time I know a website sell the cheap rohan crone, so if you want to buy, I suggest you come here.