Saturday, January 10, 2009

LSU stats pack

Fresh from a beatdown in Utah, the LSU Tigers come into Tuscaloosa looking to turn things around. Here's their season stats.

I'm kind of surprised Chris Johnson isn't scoring like he did a couple of years ago, but he's cleaning the boards and that might be his role on this team.

Stats:
- 46% FG
- 40% 3PT FG
- 71% FT
- 12 turnover per game
- +8.3 rebound margin

They're going to give us fits inside and on the boards. We reeeally need Knox and Green to stay out of foul trouble if we're to stay in the game. Either that or we somehow hit 50% from beyond the arc.

Garrett Temple is a matchup problem for Steele. I assume Hillman gets him defensively. Tasmin Mitchell is 2nd on the team in scoring and rebounding and could pose problems inside. Obviously we're going to key in on Marcus Thornton as he's their go to guy. Let me rephrase that, I assume we key in on Thornton.

Prediction: The matchup on paper doesn't look good, but then you look at their losses and close wins and see they haven't hit their stride yet. They will though... just not Sunday as Bama wins by 6. I think Steele wills us to victory.

1 comment:

Mitchell said...

I think Hillman will be defending Thornton. That guy can go off at any time. Gee could also pull time defending him. Whoever guards him has to stick with him because he has the ability to take over a game.

You're right, the LSU interior players are going to give Bama fits. I don't see any interior Bama player who will be able to guard Tasmin Mitchell, especially when he puts it on the floor. I wouldn't be surprised if Bama is forced to play a smaller line-up so that Gee can defend Mitchell.

I predict a close game. Bama is playing a little better so I'm going to give them the slight nod at home. It's an important game though. With two road games looming back to back, Bama can not afford to lose this home opener.