Thursday, June 04, 2009

NHL and NBA playoffs- It's FAN-TASTIC!

Probably the best it's been in 10 years. Heck, I actually watched the NBA Playoffs for the first time since 1999.

Go Magic and Penguins. The Magic have a special place for me as I attended their first ever draft party in 1990 (?) when Nick Anderson was their first round pick.

The Penguins... from the brink of bankruptcy and possibly moving out of town it's a great story for that blue collar town. Not to mention they have 2 of the 3 best players in the NHL today.

2 comments:

finebammer said...

hey bud, check this story with the schea cotton tie to it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Bryce-Harper-punches-his-ticket-to-Cooperstown-a?urn=mlb,167844

bobbyjack said...

I saw that and almost fell over laughing when I saw Schea Cotton's name.

Hyping a 16 year old usually ends badly. Todd Van Poppel and Brien Taylor are 2 off the top of my head that never came close to living up to the hype.