Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Tip Off Club

Coach Grant is the scheduled speaker for Thursday night's Tip Off Club. This will be my first meeting so I'm not sure what to expect. (If there has been a Tip Off Club in Mobile before now, I've not been aware of it.)

I do not know whether there will be a Q&A segment, but if there is I would be more than happy to try to ask a question or two for the readers of the blog. Please post your questions in response to this entry and I will try to get them to the coach.

I apologize for not making a contribution to this year's season predictions. I must have missed the email from Bobby Jack asking for the information. While reviewing the blog a few minutes ago I became aware for the first time just how disengaged I had become from our program during last season. I will try to be a better contributor this year.

P.S. Anyone who steals my alliteration shtick this year will be shot on sight!

7 comments:

DJC said...

One question I would have is regarding staff responsibilities: Do we have one assistant coach in charge of the offense and one in charge of the defense? Who is responsible for scouting and gameplans for upcoming opponents? Do some coaches spend more recruiting while others stay back in Tuscaloosa to prepare, or is that a shared responsibility? Who coaches the big men and who coaches the guards? In a nut shell, I would like to know what specific responsibilities each of the assistants have. Thanks Alias!

I'll try to post my recap and observations from the Montevallo game either tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

bamabballer said...

No question here, but look forward to coming to Mobile on the 19th.

DJC said...

Speaking of Mobile on the 19th, tickets are already on sale at ticketmaster. I was able to get Row 1, so if you jump on it now, you can get great seats.

bobbyjack said...

My question is about our halfcourt D. With the limited amount of big men on the team, what kind of D will we run? I assume a 2-3 zone, but the downside is we can get torched by a really good PG or SG outside.

If I somehow get a work related trip I'll go to the Mobile game.

Anonymous said...

Anyone know how to see the season opener if you can't be there in person? Is it online?

bamabballer said...

I've got my tickets. They are the 3rd row second level. There is not a bad seat in that house. I like there arena. You can see tonight's exhibition game on rolltide.com. Just go to the link TideTV, and sign up. The game should be free. They were free last year.

39 Steps said...

What's kind of reception is CAG getting from the high school and AAU coaches around here?