Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ain't That A Kick In The Teeth?

Most other bloggers would substitute a harsher word beginning with the letter "b" for the last four letters in the title line, but we're trying to run a clean shop here.

For every other game I have to drive seven hours round trip to sit in Coleman Coliseum for 2 1/2 hours to watch Alabama play basketball. They are playing Kansas State not ten minutes from my house Saturday and I have to be in Montgomery to fulfill a family obligation. I've already given away my tickets and won't even be able to listen to the game on the radio.

If you are an Alabama Basketball fan, please drive to Mobile Saturday to support your team. Ticket information, such as it is, is available at this site. The Coors Classic supports a worthy cause and the games promise to be exciting. Coach Grant told the Mobile Tip Off Club that he and KSU Coach Frank Martin have been friends since they played against one another in high school and that he was excited about playing this game in Mobile. The Wildcats are 9-1 on the season with wins over Washington State, UNLV and Xavier. Hopefully I can post a link to their stats page.

I hope to read all about the game Sunday afternoon. (DJC, do you need to use my computer at my house to post your plagiarism?)

Roll Tide!

1 comment:

Rufus said...

Nice blog Alias. I would love to watch this game. Since Coach Grant is one my best coaches since i dribble and shoot balls on the court. And yes you are right Coach Frank and Grant are friends for a long time. I remember i gave to basketball coach gifts t this two gentlemen. I hope they could be at the same team coaching lmao.. But anyways i love your blog. And keep posting!