Saturday, December 12, 2009

Purdue stats pack

Stats

They have nice wins over Tennessee and Wake Forest, but this is easily their toughest road game to date. They have 3 legitimate scoring threats in E'Twaun Moore, JaJuan Johnson, Robbie Humel... all averaging double digits scoring. Collectively, they're not a good 3 pt FG shooting team so lets somehow clog the middle and take our chance with them outside. On paper we match up well with them... if Green can contain Johnson.

Stats:
- 45% FG
- 33% 3PT FG
- +2.5 rebound margin
- 75.6% FT
- 80.1 PPG

Prediction: UPSET ALERT! Yes I realize they're #5 in the country, but I saw we find a way to win. Maybe I'm still in euphoria about playing for the national championship next month in Pasadena. Who knows. Anyways, Bama by 3. Green has a monster day.

Game is on ESPN2 at 9PM EST.

4 comments:

DJC said...

I like it, and I hope you are right, but I just don't see it. We will have a hard time with their size, and they are very solid on D. I just want to see great effort for 40 minutes, and hope we don't get run out of the gym.

MSmilie said...

I agree with DJC. Purdue is a Final Four caliber team; Alabama isn't. You never think of Big Ten teams as athletic, but Purdue went toe to toe with Tennessee, one of the most athletic teams in the country. Green matches up well with Johnson, but I don't think Bama has anyone to match up with Hummel. And if Green gets into early foul trouble again, Bama will be in serious trouble. Having said that, I do think Bama will give them a run for their money.

Alias said...

I see this as a win-win. If Bama beats the Boilermakers (or some off shoot of that phrase DJC can rip off before I get back home tonight), that will be huge. If we are behind by 20 points with less than ten minutes to go in the game, I might get back to Mobile before 1:30 or 2:00 Sunday morning.

Safe driving, everyone.

bobbyjack said...

I'm too full of Bama. I feel an upset brewing.