Saturday, January 30, 2010

Auburn stats pack

They're 1-5 in conference play, but outside of the 2nd half collapse to the Viles they've been competitive in every game.

Auburn statistics

They come in with a balanced scoring attack... 4 guys averaging double figures led by DeWayne Reed. Like every Lebo team, they shoot a bunch of 3s (roughly 40% of their shots), but only have 2 we need to worry about from out there... Sullivan and Walker.

Stats
- 44.7% FG
- 32.7% 3pt FG
- 64.4% FT
- +.5 rebound margin
- 76.1 PPG

Prediction: unlike previous years, we seem to guard the 3 ball better so as long as Green stays out of foul trouble and we get some more inside production from Hines or Knox I think in the end we wear them down and win at the Barn. Alabama by 5.

Game time is 4PM EST (3PM CST) and it's on the SEC Network. For those in Atlanta it's channel 17.

4 comments:

bobbyjack said...

I missed the 2nd half... I DVRed it so I'll watch it (cause I'm a sadist I guess).

finebammer said...

ok, we lost a tough road game by a point but on the bright side did anyone see the baylor team we beat go put it on the longhorns today IN AUSTIN??

i know this means something but what i'm not exactly sure yet.

rtr.

MSmilie said...

Finebammer: The Baylor win has proven to be a huge win for Bama. Unfortunately, if they can't string wins together against worse than mediocre teams, then that win means nothing for Alabama at the end of the season.

The bottom line is Alabama blew a golden opportunity to pick up a second conference road win and move to a game over .500 going into a tough 3 game stretch against Florida, Ole Miss and Kentucky. I'm not sure there's another winnable road game on the schedule.

Nevertheless, I still tip my hat to the players and coaching staff. If you take away three games that Bama gave away (Purdue, Vandy and this one), Alabama is in the discussion for an NCAA Tournament bid. That's impressive when you consider the depth and talent level.

bobbyjack said...

I'm disappointed, but not shocked at the loss. It's not like we're miles better than Auburn or ANYONE besides LSU in the SEC so a road loss isn't surprising. I made myself watch the 2nd half and yes... we gave it away, but it happens.

If we lose at home to them then it's a different story.

Is it me or are most SEC half court offenses horrific?