Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Vanderbilt stats pack

The Dores come in at 12-3 off a win against Florida on Saturday. This is their first real road game since Dec 8th where they lost to a mediocre (that's being kind) Illinois squad that struggled against the mighty Penn State Nittany Lions last night.

Stats

I watched them in the Maui Invitational (man I wish I was back there) against Cincy and Arizona... they'll kill you if you leave them open shots. Put a hand in their face and they struggle... that's what I got out of the Cincy game.

Stats:
- 79.3 PPG
- 49.4% FG
- 35.5% 3pt FG
- 70% FT
- +2.2 rebound margin

Jeffery Taylor, Jermaine Beal and AJ Oglivy all average double digits (14.1/13.3/13.3) so it's a balanced offense. I was kind of surprised that AJ's production is down from last year, but they seem to be more uptempo than last years team. We need to watch John Jenkins from beyond the arc... as he's draining them at a 47% clip. They'll give us issues inside so unless we stay out of foul trouble we're going to need our guards to step it up.

Prediction: Everything points to Vandy leaving Tuscaloosa with a win, but NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! I don't think Vandy has an answer for Green and I believe our bench makes the difference tonight. Bama by 7.

Game time is 9PM EST and can be seen on CSS, ESPN360, or Full Court (if you paid for that). Chances are I won't see or hear it as I'll be in the air. The team is 2-1 (forgot about FSU) when I am unable to listen or watch the game.

1 comment:

39 Steps said...

Ouch.

But for a couple more free throws....