Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Kentucky stats pack

I haven't dreaded a game like this in a long time... I'm hoping we are somewhat competitive in Rupp.

Statistics

We all know about John Wall, but the guy to watch is DeMarcus Cousins. He's led the team in scoring and rebounds the last 4 games. Don't forget about Patrick Patterson inside... I have no idea who is going to effectively guard him. Eric Bledsoe is going to give us fits as we know our guard play is shaky .It's obviously understood that Wall is going to penetrate our zone/m2m defense like a hot knife through butter. Did I mention we're at a huge disadvantage size wise?

Stats:
- 49.1% FG
- 38.6% 3pt FG
- 82.3 PPG
- 68.6% FT
- +10.3 rebound margin (that is not a mistype). 9.1 in conference.

Prediction: PAIN... and lots of it. I can see us hanging with them for a half, then them beating us up inside with Patterson and then burying 3s and running away with it. Kentucky by 24.

Game time is 9PM EST (8PM CST) on ESPNU. I suggest you drink heavily... I think I will.

2 comments:

MSmilie said...

Win or lose, I want to see this team come out with a chip on its shoulder. After the Ole Miss debacle I hope this team wants to prove something to itself. If they come out flat and uninspired, then the season is truly over.

Alabama's only chance in this game is to make it an ugly half-court game. When Kentucky is forced to play half-court, the youth of their team comes through. They rush shots, they turn the ball over. Abandon the press, slow the game down and force Kentucky to work on offense. Do that and Alabama at least has a chance to keep it close.

finebammer said...

i want to see senario hillman slap john wall upside the head the first time he drives to the basket.

that's the only pleasure i think i'll get out of this game.

hit him hard, hillman!