Sunday, June 27, 2010

Former Player Report

I ran into former player Mikhail Torrance at a branch of the local YMCA a few minutes ago.  I introduced myself as a Bama Basketball fan (not many people will be seen in public wearing and old Mark's Madness shirt so it probably was not hard for him to believe me), told him I was sorry about the NBA draft and thanked him for all he had done for my university.  Mikhail was more than courteous.  He seemed relaxed and told me everything was okay.  His accompanying smile seemed genuine and persuaded me that the young man was in a good place.  He was accompanied by his older brother, so I did not want to delay him more than briefly.  Here's hoping that Mikhail's relaxed smile means that he has an agent who is giving him some promising news. 

2 comments:

DJC said...

You should have invited them to play a game of 21. I'm sure you would have dominated.

Alias said...

Yeah, right!

I don't recall whether I've commented on this in the past, but while in high school and I think at least during his first season in Tuscaloosa Mikhail was carrying some baby fat on his body. Yesterday he looked very lean. I still am hoping for good things for the young man.