Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bama's 2010-11 Schedule Is Released

Hit the link to check it out in glorious .pdf vision!

Don't get me wrong, there are some tough matchups in the non-conference portion of the schedule (Paradise Jam, Purdue, Oklahoma State), but this appears to be a schedule built for some early wins in the hopes of securing a post season bid for a rebuilding program.

At first glance, I'll predict 18-12 overall (11-3 non-conference, 7-9 conference). A postseason birth (NIT or NCAA) is certainly possible.

6 comments:

DJC said...

I wonder if we are giving Asbury and Pepperdine a home and home? Malibu could be a fun trip next year.

MSmilie said...

That's possible. Perhaps they're trying to schedule or have scheduled a game on the west coast next season against a Pac-10 team or something and wanted an extra game on the coast. It could also be an attempt to establish some recruiting connections on the west coast.

bobbyjack said...

I'm less optimistic... thinking 9-5 and 6-10 in conference. 15-15?

DJC said...

11-3 Non Conf, 8-8 in conference, for 19-11. Of course, I'm the eternally optimistic one.

MSmilie said...

I think 11-3, 8-8 is very plausible. Unfortunately, I don't think their non-conference schedule is going to be that strong in the long run, which means they may have to win a few games in the SEC tournament to bein the mix for the NCAA tournament.

Bobby: Who are the five teams you see them losing to in the non-conference?

bobbyjack said...

2nd round and consolation game in St Thomas, Purdue, Providence, and Oklahoma St.

Until I see our guard play in action I'm pessimistic about our chances on the road or on a neutral court.