Sunday, August 01, 2010

Piecing together the schedule

It's that time of the year again, when schedules start trickling out ahead of ours and we keep an eye out for possible opponents. Another piece of the puzzle fell into place today, with the Providence Friars announcing their partial 2010-11 schedule. We owe them a return visit for their trip to Tuscaloosa last year, and we will be playing in Rhode Island on Saturday, Dec. 11, at 7 pm ET, 6 central.

The following weekend, Dec. 18, we are playing Oklahoma State in OK City, and we open up the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands against Seton Hall on Friday, Nov.19, in a tournament that includes possible matchups with Xavier, Iowa, Clemson, and/or Old Dominion. Presumably, we will also have a return trip to Purdue; this is shaping up to be a tough non-conference away schedule. I had originally planned on making the trip to Oklahoma City, but I've never been to Providence, so I may go up there instead. I doubt I can pull off both on back to back weekends.

2 comments:

bobbyjack said...

While you go for the games 1st and city 2nd (which is the opposite of me) I highly advise against OKC. Bricktown is the only thing going for it.

Providence is fun during hoops season.

Of the road trips I'm thinking I might make the Paradise Jam ranks at the top.

DJC said...

No doubt, I've already booked my flight for the Paradise Jam. Used up all my skymiles to do so though, so I'll likely need to choose between Providence and OKC. I've been to OKC before...would definitely be staying in Bricktown.