Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Know your enemy- Lipscomb Bison

They come into Tuscaloosa sporting a 7-2 record. I looked at the losses to UNC and Baylor and from the PBP they hung with UNC up to the 8 minute mark of the 2nd half. This won't be a cakewalk people.

Scott Sanderson returns home (again)... the last time was 2006 when we beat the Bison's brains in 80-58. Writeup from Lipscomb.

Stats

Adnan Hodzic is a force inside. He leads the team in PPG (21.1) and rebounds (9.1). Josh Slater is 2nd in PPG (19.0), rebounds (8.2) and leads in assists (4.8). Keeping one or both of them in check is KEY if we're going to win. Jordan Burgason is hitting 41% from beyond the arc so someone keep a hand in his face.

Other things to note:
- average 85.6 PPG (7th in the country)
- 42.0 rebounds per game (12th)
- 47.5% FG

Prediction: this one is going to be tough. Green needs to watch his fouls, Releford needs to penetrate, we REALLY need something from Hillman, and Davis has to hit some 3s. If Hines can contain Hodzic on the boards that would be nice. I'll be an optimist this time... Bama by 4.

Game time is 8PM EST (7PM CST). No TV that I know of. On rolltide.com if you so want to pay to watch this.

3 comments:

Hoot30 said...

I posted in the blog entry below about this game. LU worries me. They definitely could beat us.

bobbyjack said...

I saw your comments and agree. It's going to be a tough game for us.

MSmilie said...

I'm going to join this party of agreement. This game scares the bejeezus out of me. They've got an inside presence, perimeter scoring, good coaching. It's going to be a battle. Dare I say that Alabama will have to play their best game of the year so far to win tonight? When all is said and done, Lipscomb probably has the better team right now.