Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Know your enemy- South Carolina Gamecocks

The Cocks are probably the worst team in the SEC East, but they'd probably be one of the best in the West. Dern bad luck.

Stats

To get a better feel for the Gamecocks squad I suggest this blog. I have not seen them play this year so the best I can do is babble about stats.

Here's a writeup from the official Gamecock site.

Keys to the game:
- dictate the pace. South Carolina seems to have an issue with turnovers so uptempo might be the ticket.
- Releford dishing and driving.
- Charvez being $$ at home beyond the arc.
- Green's resurgence.
- Rebound, rebound, rebound

Prediction: I'm drinking the grape aid now. Grant has made me a BELIEVER! I see a tightly contested game going our way with some late 3s to ice it. Bama by 8.

Game time is 9PM EST (8PM CST) on CSS. I think it's also on ESPN3.com... and if you pay for Full Court it'll be on.

1 comment:

DJC said...

Huge game tonight. We must build off the $tate win and protect the home court. For those travelling to the game from the Bham area or points North and east, be careful, the roads will be icy, especially on our late return home this evening.

Also, this is a great article about Coach Grant, Pelphrey, and Donovan:

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201101/billy-donovans-secret-sorrow#