Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornadoes demolish parts of Tuscaloosa

When I find legitimate sites to donate to I'll post them here. Keep those in the path of the tornadoes in your thoughts as from Tuscaloosa to Ringgold, GA (and further) people are in a bad way.

Mid Alabama Red Cross

This is a shot of the big one running through Tuscaloosa. For those that know the area well (like me) know that 15th street and McFarland took a direct hit. Many of the stores are gone (Taco Casa, Krispy Kreme, Taco Bell, etc). A very sad day.

3 comments:

DJC said...

Many of you know my gf, who often takes the pics that I post here on the blog, lives in Tuscaloosa. I'm happy to let everyone know that she and her family are fine, but the city is a mess.

Thankfully, I've been able to account for all of my friends in Tuscaloosa. It's not just Tuscaloosa, there were tornadoes like this all over the state, some that haven't even been reported on yet. It will go down as one of the worst disasters in state history. I've never seen a weather event like this one.

Anonymous said...

Glad she's ok.

Alias said...

So glad both you and she are okay. The tornado got my daughter's car and about 3/4 of the house where she was, but she and her friends all are okay.