Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SEC East 2011-12 Schedules

I don't have the time I used to thus the less frequent updates. Therefore, I'm going to lump the SEC East in with one post.

Florida
Kentucky
UGA
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
South Carolina

Florida has finally scheduled more than 2 tough non-conference teams (Ohio St, Syracuse, Arizona, FSU, UAB), Kentucky always has a sweet pre-SEC lineup (Kansas, UNC, St John's, Louisville), UGA has a few decent matchups (Cal, Xavier, Colorado, Mizzou/Notre Dame, GA Tech), Vanderbilt stepped up their game (Louisville, NC St, Xavier, Marquette and maybe Texas), Tennessee continues to punish themselves (Duke, Michigan/Memphis, Pitt, College of Charleston, UConn, at Memphis), and the Cocks... well, they really need to stockpile wins, but they won't (UNC, USC/UNLV, Clemson, Ohio St).

Overall, the SEC as a conference has really stepped up their non-conference schedules. I remember in years past when I posted them I was almost embarrassed to see the cupcakes on their collective schedules.

One day... when Mississippi St gets around to finalizing a schedule I'll post that too. Also, when single game tickets go onsale for the marquee Alabama basketball games I'll post that as well (after I order the ones I'm going to first... of course).

2 comments:

hoot30 said...

That UF schedule is brutal. All the big games are true road games.

arrielle said...

Thanks for sharing this schedules, will check this out! :)

PBA News