Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Know your enemy- Georgetown Hoyas

A team I despised in the 80s comes into town thinking they have a shot at winning in Coleman Coliseum as part of the Big East/SEC challenge. A few years ago we played them in Bham and they kilted us. That won't happen this time.

Year to date

The Hoyas come in 4-1 with an impressive showing in the Maui Invitational. They have a 3-eaded scoring attack with Jason Clark, Hollis Thompson, and Henry Sims all averaging 13+ a game. Otto Ports leads with 6.5 RPG. Watch Clark an Thompson from 3 as they are draining them (41 and 54%). Inside, Sims will give Green a challenge (I see Jacobs and even the great Swede switching off on him).

Stats:
- 82 PPG
- 50.7% FG
- 37% 3PT FG
-  +5.3 rebound margin

Prediction- this is the 1st of a tough five game stretch for us... but it's at home and WE DON'T LOSE AT HOME ANYMORE! Mitchell lights the Hoyas up and the freshmen shine as Alabama wins by 8.

Game time is another late start...9:30PM EST (8:30PM CST) on ESPN2. I hope to catch the 2nd half of this one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't like you predicting a win in a tough game. Looks like a loss.

MSmilie said...

I hate this match-up. Georgetown's size up front is going to be a problem. Thompson, Sims and Lubick are all big, athletic, experienced players while Clark on the outside is a good shooter.

I love the JT3 system. When Georgetown is playing well and under control, their system is a joy to watch.

If Georgetown turns this into a half-court game, I don't think we can win. I'm just not confident in our team's ability to score consistently in the half court offense. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Georgetown has an edge in this game.

bobbyjack said...

I'm not always a negative nellie am I? Dang.
And Mitch... the size Georgetown has worries me too... but I believe somehow we find a way to win this one.

We really need a big game from Mitchell... both from beyond the arc and on the boards. I don't see Green doing a whole lot tonight.

My one disappointment with the team so far is we still don't have a legitimate perimeter shooter.

DJC said...

According to UA, the game is now sold out! I agree, I worry about this matchup. Will be interesting to see if we bring back the 1-1-3 zone we ran against UAH to matchup with their modified Princeton offense.

Rocky Mountain High Tide said...

Bobbyjack just looks at the Vegas line and that is usually his prediction (g). One of the freshmen MUST get hot from behind the arc if we are to win this one. In the end Bama wins by 3.