Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Charleston Southern preview/stats

The game is the night before the Iron Bowl Alabama-Auburn game so I'm hoping there is a decent crowd for it. The last time we had a game the day before a football game didn't draw so well (South Dakota State). The University needs to get the word out to the football only fans that we do in fact have a game Friday evening. Saying that, I will not be attending as I'll be driving to T-town the following morning (I made opening night).

(Still testing page breaks- click title to read the rest)
Photos from South Dakota St game

Charleston Southern stats

The Bucs are 1-2 with losses @ Charlotte and Arizona (both undefeated right now) so they might be better than what the record shows. They have a balanced scoring attack with Arlon Harper, Saah Nimley, and Mathiang Muo all averaging 12 PPG. Nimley seems to be their go to guy, but so far he is struggling from the field at 29.4% FG and 20% from beyond the arc.

Charleston is a very small team... with only one guy (from my HS in FL) over 6'7". If there is a game for us to work the ball inside this is the one. Gueye, Jacobs, and even the Big Swede will have almost a 6 inch advantage over whoever guards them. LET'S WORK ON THAT FRIDAY!

The Bucs have a game tonight (11/20) vs East Tennessee State. I hope for 7OTs.

The numbers:
- 40.4% FG
- 32.3% 3pt FG
- 73.4% FT
- 78.7 PPG
- +12.4 rebound margin (padded by their +30 vs Hiwassee, otherwise about even).

Now that Releford is out of the doghouse I am hoping he continues his new-found stroke from the outside and continues to drive the lane like he did in NYC. I really like what I'm seeing from the backcourt so far this year, but disappointed so far in the frontcourt. Like I said above, this is the game to work on the 'back to the basket' game to gain some confidence. We'll see if that actually is the case.

Tip-off is 8PM EST Friday (7PM CST). No TV that I know of.

2 comments:

finebammer said...

thanx for scratching out iron bowl. this ole timer appreciates that. it hasn'tbeen the iron bowl since it left b'ham.

"No TV that I know of" and thanx to chris stewart and brian passink, we don't need tv.

Alex said...

I'll be at the game tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to seeing if we can get Jacobs some more touches. If there is any game where he breaks out I expect it to be this one because of their smaller size. He showed some nice ability against Nova but he also missed a few close range shots. We have plenty of areas to work on before that trip to Cincy.