Thursday, February 21, 2013

Recruiting Update (2/21/2013)

Greetings, long lost brethren of Crimson Tide Hoops! I have risen up out of the wastelands of real life to bestow a recruiting nugget, since this is something that I actually can contribute for a change. After sharing 2 season tickets with Alias last season, work, being out of town, football recruiting (Go Yale!), work, and more work have gotten in the way of me partaking in a single game this season. DJC has done a great job with his post-game breakdowns, which has helped me greatly due to my inability to stay on top of all the games this season.

Now, let's get down to business. (bobbyjack, feel free to truncate this, as I am html illiterate) From The Sand Mountain Reporter......

Albertville basketball star Riley Norris (name is full link to article) is regarded as one of the state’s top boys prospects for the class of 2014.

Norris, who averaged 23 points and 12 rebounds per game as a junior, already holds scholarship offers from Auburn, Mississippi State, Arkansas, UAB and Belmont.

On Saturday, Norris added an offer from Alabama to the list of schools seeking his signature on a letter of intent.

“They invited me down to watch the (Tide-South Carolina) game, and after the game, they brought me into a meeting room,” Norris said.

“(Head) Coach (Anthony) Grant was in there, and he was talking to me about he thinks I fit good in their system, and he offered a scholarship to me.

“It was really a surprise. I had hoped they’d offer me sometime but I didn’t know when, and being my junior year, that’s a big offer for me.

“Coach Grant or one of his assistants was at most of my games last summer when I played AAU.”

Norris played for the Southeast Elite last year, an AAU team based in Huntsville.

He was the only junior on the roster, and he doesn’t plan to play for Southeast Elite this summer.

“I’ve got a couple options, and I’m not sure who I’m playing with this year,” Norris said.

1 comment:

crimsontider said...

Would be a good get. Coach Grant has done a good job of keeping players in state. RTR